Folks often think that digiscoping can only be done with a spotting scope, but you can also digiscope with binoculars! I like to call this “digibinning.” Digibinning is super easy to do with your smartphone using a Phone Skope Adapter. All of our kits are two-piece, a phone-specific case and a optic adapter, which is either optic-specific or universal. In the video below, Cheston shows you how to hook a phone up to a pair of Vortex Viper binoculars using the Phone Skope iPhone 6 Plus Phone Case and U-1 Mini Universal Optic Adapter. This setup is extremely easy to use in the field and takes seconds to attach to binoculars.
How does the system work?
Here are the steps you should take to successfully take pictures through your binoculars with your phone.
- Put your phone into the Phone Skope Phone-specific Phone Case
- Adjust the diameter of the U-1 Mini Universal Optic Adapter to the size of your binocular eyecup
- Lock the U-1 Mini Universal Optic Adapter into the Phone Skope Phone Case
- Twist the eyecup out on the binocular
- Slide the system over the eyecup
- Start taking pictures or video
What can you digiscope through binoculars?
Anything! Anything you see through your binoculars can be captured on your phone by using a Phone Skope Adapter. The Phone Skope makes it easy to take pictures through binoculars by centering the phone camera lens on the optic.